Skip to main content

I love CRAFT BEER!!

Two Special and Amazing Seasonal Craft Beers 


Today, I just felt like I needed to write about these beers I was able to get my hands on because I  feel like I need to make sure people read this, find out about these beers and if possible get their hands them! I mean their is nothing better then being able to drink a beer you know has been made carefully, with amazing ingredients and crafted by individuals who are just trying to make amazing beers for everyone to enjoy.


Alright, so it seems like a lot of breweries are starting to come out with some seasonal beers and let me be one craft brew fan and say, damn!!! There are some good beers coming out right now and I cannot wait to get my hands on more of these seasonal beers. Lethbridge is a little out of the way for some breweries to ship to but thanks to Andrew Hilton (local liquor store) for being on the ball and bringing in all these fantastic beers and helping conquer the thirst of all the craft beer fans in Lethbridge and area! I am going to talk about two fantastic beers I was able to get my hands on! I told my wife I had to go get beer and since she has been super supportive over my quest to try new craft beers and encouraged me to do write this blog she just said "okay, bye." So I went and got two beers, the first called " Drexl Blackstrap Imperial Stout, brewed by the Bench Creek Brewery. The second beer is a Foeder-Aged Golden Saison brewed by Blindman Brewery. I had been keeping tabs on both breweries as they were advertising on all the platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter that they would be coming out with these brews! My main challenge is usually to get my hands on these special brews but this time was able to grab a couple! Let me be the first to say that it was "TOTALLY worth it!"

I am currently drinking this fantastic beer (Pic below). I typically would not be drinking this type of brew. But since this is a "Foeder-aged Golden Siason"  made by probably if not the best craft brewery in the province,  the Blindman Brewery,  located in Lacombe, Alberta, Canada so naturally I had to try it. This brewery is pumping out amazing beer! I absolutely love their beers! Unfortunately I have not been able to visit their brewery yet but I have tried pretty much every special/seasonal beer they have put out since I got into craft beer that I have been able to get my hands on. I will try and post a picture of all the awesome and amazing beers I have been able to get my hands on from the Blindman  Brewery. For people who do not know, Lacombe is a 4 hour drive from Lethbridge so I think I am pretty lucky they ship down to Lethbridge. Do not worry though, the next time I go up to the area, I will definitely try and make a trip to this brewery to get the full experience, and I can't wait! Anyways, this beer was really good I thought it had some nice fruity undertones in it (im not sure if there was any fruit added), but since it was aged in a Cognac barrel I was able to get those flavors come through.

Pierre Foeder-Aged Golden Saison. Aged in 40 year-old Cognac barrels. Brewed with Indian Coriander, Grains of Paradise, barley, wheat, rye, oats. 15 different yeasts and bacteria.

The next beer, well holy moly! This beer kicked me in the ass! (note to self; make sure you eat before drinking a 11% beer!). Bench Creek brewing definitely hit it out of the park with this next beer! It is a beautiful full bodied beer that has all these amazing flavors including coffee, toffee, caramel, chocolate, blackstrap molasses and star anise, I know that is a lot right! Surprisingly it was not, it is a perfect combination of flavors which a beautiful array of flavors on your palate felt as though the flavors grew even in the after taste. All these flavors are incorporated in different ways; such as in the malts, yeasts and to top it off being aged on some american oaks is fantastic. If you are a fan of a heavy dark beer in which the flavor of the beer grows as the flavors release and grow on your tongue, then this is the beer for you! But be warned, this beer packs a punch!  But totally worth it!


 So, hopefully my next post I will have finally visited Lethbridge's second brewery and will be able to share my experience. I mean every time I think of it i just get excited about going, and I am not going to lie but I am going in with relatively low expectations and am hoping to be blown away!

P.S.- Do not drink and write as the next morning reading your post causes a bit of editing!.

If you want to check out these two fantastic breweries check out their websites;

https://benchcreekbrewing.com

http://www.blindmanbrewing.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAMN!! So much beer this year.

DAMN!! It has been quite sometime since my last post but i have been feeling a bit of an itch to write one. So with that in mind let begin with how many breweries have erupted onto the craft beer scene here in Alberta, Canada. I mean in Calgary alone new breweries seem to be popping up every couple of months with no end in sight. I have been finding it difficult to keep up with the growth the brewery scene. Besides Calgary, province wide there has been substantial growth and it seems like every little town has one brewery or one is in the works. For those of you readers who do not live in Alberta, Canada you will not know this but there is a company who comes out with a craft beer brewery guide every quarter called the "Alberta Craft Beer Guide". I love this book because if I decide to go on a road trip I can plan accordingly and potentially stop at a brewery if I find the time.  The best thing I have come to discover is that even though there are so many differen

Summer time! Part 1

Wow what a summer it was! 2018 was a good year for craft beer in Alberta! All the specialty one off  beers that were coming out to what seemed like almost weekly were incredible. I mean i tried a triple IPA and if you have read previous posts I never drink IPAs yet alone triples. If you want to see all the beers from my summer go and request to be in my Facebook group "Craft beer 101" and you will be able to see all the beers I got the chance  to indulge in! I have posted so many beers this summer that now I have become "The beer guy" at work. I mean, I have even created a Instagram profile called Craftbeerfan101 and i post beers on their as well, not as frequent as Facebook though. But this post is going to be more about the start of my summer and some of the fun things I got to do and to get my hands on to drink. Enjoy! 2 Brewery Tastings!! Fathers Day was a good day this year! My dad brought me to two different and brand new breweries in Sylvan Lake, AB. The

Great Craft Beer and Cooking with Craft Beer!

Craft Beer Night at  SAAG Craft Beer Friday Takeover! Alright, so a really good friend/colleague invited me to a beer tasting here in town. I decided t hat since I had never been to one it would be a good to go out and try the beers they had. When I got there they had five beers to choose from (pic below). As I have stated in the past, the hoppy beers are not my favorite beers to drink and number 2 on the list, the Intergalactic Space Dragon IPA was probably the worst of the five but it was not a bad beer by any means its just that the other beers were just so much better then this beer. This beer was a hoppy beer I would be okay having a couple more of this beer. The Kolsch was nothing special but still better then the IPA. The Black Currant Kettle Sour was honestly the most surprising of the whole tasting. I had my reservations about this style of brew and I was hesitant in trying it. I am glad I did as I was thoroughly surprised with this beer as it was a super tasty fruity beer